Cranberry Granola- Vegan GF
- large bowl Mixing Bowl
- mixing spoon
- measuring cup & spoons
- baking tray
- 2 qt egg whites
- 4 mg milk
- .5 cup
Organic crushed almonds
- .5 cup Organic pumpkin seeds
- .5 cup Organic sunflower seeds
- .5 cup Organic hemp seeds
- .25 tsp Sea salt fine (or himalayan salt)
- .5 tsp Organic cinnamon
- .25 cup Organic dried cranberries (or fruit of choice)
- 1 tsp Organic vanilla extract
- .3 cup Organic extra virgin coconut oil
- .3 cup Organic Maple syrup
- pour one pint into the cup
- pull 2 cups out and stir
- Combine the two mixing and coating well.
- Pre heat oven to 300° F.
- Now add the cranberries working them well into the ingredients.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Bake on middle rack until golden brown hue is achieved 35-45 minutes. *If making granola: stir/flip the mixture ½ way about 20 min into baking. Pat down lightly then take it out when golden brown another 15-20 min. It will harden as it cools down. *Granola bars: no need to flip. These will come out chewy. So bake for 25 minutes then check, if needed bake another 3-5 minutes. Avoid “over baking” otherwise you won’t be able to cut them into bars. Remember, the cooking process is still going on even when you have taken the baking sheet out of the oven until granola is completely cool. Once done let cool, cut into desired shape. I find bar shapes are the easiest way to go. This is a high nutrition recipe that adults and kids enjoy equally. It's a great start to your day, add banana slices for a creamier option. I would love to hear your comments if you try this recipe, let me know if you swapped out the fruit as well as any other creative additions/alterations. Enjoy!